Christian Dior Model Posing for Jean Cade
Vintage Silver Gelatin photograph
13 x 18 cm (size of the photograph)
30 x 40 cm (passepartout size)
The picture is provided with a passepartout but without a frame. If you wish to have a custom made frame feel free to email us.
IMPORTANT! WHEN BUYING PHOTOS FROM US:
- The photographs are sold with a passepartout but without frame.
- All the photographs are original vintage images.
- All our press photos are LIMITED ARCHIVE ORIGINALS
- They are not reprints or digital prints produced by us.
- Many times the image for sale will present stamps, dates and other publication details.
- Since the photos are old photographs they may have scratches, lines or other wears of time, which just underlines the authenticity and age of the photos.
- What you will buy from us has a true historical value and authenticity.
- All these old photos have a story to tell and come from reliable sources.
SHIPPING & PAYMENT
After your payment approval, the photography / print will be delivered to you within 5 to 7 days (Israel) and 10 to 15 days (abroad).
We put the greatest attention on the packaging in order them to get to you in the best conditions.
We accept payment by Credit Cards, Paypal, BIT or Bank Transfer.
Yves Saint-Laurent was replaced at Dior by designer Marc Bohan in late 1960. Bohan instilled his conservative style on the collections. He was credited by Rebecca Arnold as the man who kept the Dior label "at the forefront of fashion while still producing wearable, elegant clothes," and Women's Wear Daily, not surprisingly, claimed that he "rescued the firm."
Bohan's designs were very well esteemed by prominent social figures. Actress Elizabeth Taylor ordered twelve Dior dresses from Bohan's Spring-Summer 1961 collection featuring the "Slim Look". The Dior perfume "Diorling" was released in 1963 and the men's fragrance "Eau Sauvage" was released in 1966. Bohan's assistant Philippe Guibourgé launches the first French ready-to-wear collection "Miss Dior" in 1967.
The Christian Dior Coordinated Knit line is released in 1968 and management of the Fashion Furs Department of Christian Dior is taken by Frédéric Castet.