Sport and Women 1920'
Vintage Silver Gelatin photograph
18 x 13 cm (size of the photograph)
30 x 40 cm (passepartout size)
The picture is provided with a passepartout but without a frame. If you wish to have a custom made frame or to buy a full photographs wall feel free to email us.
IMPORTANT! WHEN BUYING PHOTOS FROM US:
- The photograph is sold with a Passepartout and without a frame.
- All the photographs are original vintage
- They are not reprints or digital prints produced by us.
- Most of the time, the photographs will have stamps, dates, and other publication details on their back.
- Since the photos are old photographs they may have scratches, lines, or other wears of time, which just underlines the authenticity and age of the photos.
- What you will buy from us has a true historical value and authenticity.
- All these old photos have a story to tell and come from reliable sources.
SHIPPING & PAYMENT
After your payment approval, the photography/print will be delivered to you within 5 to 7 days (Israel) and 10 to 15 days (abroad).
We put the greatest attention on the packaging in order for it to get to you in the best conditions.
We accept payment by Credit Cards, Paypal, BIT, or Bank Transfer.
In the 1920s and 1930s, doctors claimed that the sun, water and air were good for health and cured diseases, especially tuberculosis. This is when aeriums, preventoriums and sanatoriums appear,” explains Pascal Ory. The legitimization of the benefits of the sun by the hygienist discourse of health professionals notably marks the advent of heliotherapy.
Hence the expression "to sunbathe", in the literal sense. To this medical argument is also added an aesthetic argument, which Gabrielle Chanel and Jean Patou, icons of the avant-garde, will make trendy during their trips to Deauville, Biarritz or on the Côte d'Azur.
During this period, women