FULVIO ROITER (1926-2016) – Etna Landscape
Vintage Silver Gelatin photograph Italy 1953
Handwritten inscription by the collector Roméo Martinez
Dimension sans cadre: 23,3 x 29,8 cm
The picture is provided with a passepartout but without a frame. If you wish to have a custom made frame feel free to email us.
FULVIO ROITER (1926-2016)
With his first book, a photographic report on Venice, published by the Lausanne Book Guild, he is the first Italian photographer to be published.
Fulvio Roitier joined in 1949 the artistic group "Gondola di Venezia", he made known the daily life of Sicily in 1953 and sold his first portfolio to the prestigious Swiss magazine Camera in 1954. Two years later, he won the 1956 Nadar Prize for his work Umbria Terre de Saint Francois which will be the real start of his career. In 1973, he was the guest of honor at the Rencontres d'Arles (France). A screening evening is partly devoted to him, entitled "Retrospectives Jean Dieuzaide and Fulvio Roiter". He was entrusted with works that launched him on the roads of France and elsewhere: Spain, Belgium, Brazil, Mexico, Lebanon, Morocco, Iraq and which gave rise to as many books. One book in particular, Being Venice, brought him great success and remains one of the best-selling photographic books in the world. According to the photographer's official website, his work reflects his character: "a brilliant man, slightly ill-tempered, a lover of beauty and life".
SHIPPING & PAYMENT
After your payment approval, the photography / print will be delivered to you within 5 to 7 days (Israel) and 10 to 15 days (abroad).
We put the greatest attention on the packaging in order them to get to you in the best conditions.
We accept payment by Credit Cards, Paypal, BIT or Bank Transfer.
IMPORTANT! WHEN BUYING PHOTOS FROM US:
- The photographs are sold with a passepartout but without frame.
- All the photographs are original vintage images.
- All our press photos are LIMITED ARCHIVE ORIGINALS
- They are not reprints or digital prints produced by us.
- Many times the image for sale will present stamps, dates and other publication details.
- Since the photos are old photographs they may have scratches, lines or other wears of time, which just underlines the authenticity and age of the photos.
- What you will buy from us has a true historical value and authenticity.
- All these old photos have a story to tell and come from reliable sources.