Buy Essolube ! Advertising c. 1935
Vintage Silver Gelatin photograph France c.1935
Dimension: 11,5 x 18 cm
The picture is provided with a passepartout but without a frame. If you wish to have a custom made frame feel free to email us.
The name is derived from the initials of Standard Oil, prior to 1911 when it was called Eastern States Standard Oil (ESSO). In 1972, this brand was largely replaced in the United States by the Exxon brand after purchasing Humble Oil, while Esso remained in widespread use elsewhere in the world.
In 1911, the dismantling of Standard Oil founded by John D. Rockefeller led to the formation of 34 independent companies (Mobil, Chevron) some of which retain the right to use the Standard Oil brand in certain American states or countries, such as Standard Oil of New Jersey which gradually takes the name of Eastern States Standard Oil or Esso (phonetic contraction of SO. or acronym of Eastern States SO).
Faced with antitrust laws, John D. Rockefeller had already internationalized Standard Oil of New Jersey by establishing it, among other places, in France in 1902 thanks to the takeover of the company Bedford et Cie, specializing in the import of oils. In France, Esso commissioned its first refinery in 1933, the Port-Jérôme-Gravenchon refinery, then that of Fos in 1965. In 1976, it launched the Esso Self, the first self-service stations, and in 2001 the Esso Express, stations 100 % automatic. Esso announced on August 28, 2014 the sale of its 322 service stations to the Irish holding company DCC, which continues to operate the Esso brand.
SHIPPING & PAYMENT
After your payment approval, the photography / print will be delivered to you within 5 to 7 days (Israel) and 10 to 15 days (abroad).
We put the greatest attention on the packaging in order them to get to you in the best conditions.
We accept payment by Credit Cards, Paypal, BIT or Bank Transfer.
IMPORTANT! WHEN BUYING PHOTOS FROM US:
- The photographies are sold with a passepartout but without frame.
- All the photographies are original vintage images.
- All our press photos are LIMITED ARCHIVE ORIGINALS
- They are not reprints or digital prints produced by us.
- Many times the image for sale will present stamps, dates and other publication details.
- Since the photos are old photograps they may have scratches, lines or other wears of time, which just underlines the authenticity and age of the photos.
- What you will buy from us has a true historical value and authenticity.
- All these old photos have a story to tell and come from reliable sources.