Vintage Print Le Matin au Pied de l'Echafaud
16 x 22 cm (print size) stains, folds
30 x 40 cm (passepartout size)
The print is provided with a passepartout but without a frame. If you wish to have a custom made frame feel free to email us.
IMPORTANT! WHEN BUYING PRINTS FROM US:
- The prints are not sold with a frame.
- All the prints are original vintage lithographies.
- They are LIMITED ARCHIVE ORIGINALS
- They are not reprints or digital prints produced by us.
- Since the prints are old they may have scratches, lines or other wears of time, which just underlines the authenticity and age of it.
- What you will buy from us has a true historical value and authenticity.
- All these old prints have a story to tell and come from reliable sources.
- The second picture is just an example on how it could look with a frame.
SHIPPING & PAYMENT
After your payment approval, the photography / print will be delivered to you within 5 to 7 days (Israel) and 10 to 15 days (abroad).
We put the greatest attention on the packaging in order them to get to you in the best conditions.
We accept payment by Credit Cards, Paypal, BIT or Bank Transfer.
In 1891, Toulouse-Lautrec decided to investigate the potential of lithography. Working with Pierre Bonnard's lithographer Ancourt, he learned the craft from the bottom up - and within months, brought it to an unprecedented artistic zenith.
He managed to cram some 400 lithographs into the remaining ten years of his life, 31 of which were posters, and all of which were the cream of graphic design.
Once he became immersed in Paris nightlife, entertainers became his primary subject matter. He skillfully used lines and color to subtly imply background or props for his characters, and these touches incorporated reality with the already present warmth and charm in his posters.